Six figure package plus bonus and benefits based in City of London
Market leading independent commodity derivatives trading business with operations in London, New York and Singapore thrives by connecting proprietary data and advanced technology with rigorous trading execution. With a strong track record of generating significant returns the company requires a talented Finance Director to support them through the next phase of growth.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly expanding company with a meritocratic, entrepreneurial culture. Personal integrity and the unrelenting pursuit of excellence are central to everything the company stands for. In a hands-on role, the new Finance Director will take responsibility for Finance across London, Singapore and the US.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the senior management team to continue to expand and grow the company the Finance Director will be responsible for:
- Providing strong leadership in order to build a world-class finance team to advance the company’s existing capacity by strategically growing, developing and expanding the finance platform across three separate global entities
- Total ownership of long-term strategy and planning, mitigating business risks, and proactively optimising systems and processes within the Finance department
- Identifying and proactively manage financial risk across London, Singapore and the US
- Interpreting financial data, ensuring total transparency to the CEO and management committee
- Utilising extensive financial knowledge and experience to optimise corporate and tax structure in multiple geographic locations
The successful candidate is likely to have the following profile:
- Strong academics including 2:1 or higher university degree
- A passion for finance with 10-15 years’ experience in finance, including staff management
- ACA qualified, trained in a top 10 practice firm
- Experience gained in financial services particularly in trading or brokerages in an international company. This is essential so please do not apply if you do not have this background
- Some knowledge of international corporate tax structures
- SME experience is also important due to the size of the business and the hands-on nature of the role where it is key to be delivery focussed
- Ability and willingness to engage in financial detail combined with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ambitious with a high level of individual drive to succeed
- Knows what good looks like with a desire for continuous improvement and a desire to achieve excellence
Please note that the entry-bar to join the company is set high. The recruitment of this position will involve a rigorous and through assessment process. Being a highly meritocratic company the opportunities for accelerated progression are truly exceptional. Top calibre employees fuel their business strategy, and progress is rapid and performance led. Their commitment to high performance is matched by their commitment to their teams.
To apply for this position please contact us